The central section of the building’s front façade is apparently unchanged since it was constructed in 1833. It is the oldest surviving former pub in the Glenorchy municipality and a good example of the inns that were built along the Main Road from Hobart Town to Launceston in the coaching era. The surrounding suburb was named after the pub and has been known as Berriedale since the 1890s. The bay at the rear of the building is known as Berriedale Bay.
Main Text & Information Source - Australian Heritage Database