The farmlands of the Campania District are rich and diverse and the occupants have largely been farming these lands for generations. This is evidenced by the great success of the local vineyards within the valley, making it one of the most important regions for wine production within Tasmania.
James Brock purchased the Campania Estate from Bassett Dickson's widow in 1873. In 1882 H.J. Brock, his brother William Brock and several other shareholders registered the Campania Gold Mining Company. H.J. Brock invested 5,000 in the unsuccessful venture.
The Old Flour Mill (1884) was designed by William Greenlaw for his cousin H.J. Brock. The two-story mill and storage was built adjacent to the railway. Wheat grown on the Campania Estate and flour ground in the mill won a gold medal at the Centennial Exhibition in Melbourne in 1888.
St. George's Church (1894) was built and furnished at a cost of 450. Mr. and Mrs. H.J. Brock donated 300 towards the completion of the church.