Charles Abbott purchased 15 acres of land, including the site where Albert Park House now stands, in July 1833 and the building dates from this period. William Young, a ship owner, purchased the 'capital dwelling house' in January 1838 and lived there until he sold it to John Mezger in January 1852.
In the late 1930s the land immediately surrounding Albert Park House was subdivided, including the creation of Dorset Street and a large area of public open space named Benjafield Park. James and Claudia Short purchased Albert Park House in November 1940 and lived there until the early 1980s. The property is still a private residence.
Information Source: Australian Heritage Database